Anyone use an engine lift plate with a leveler to pull an engine? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Anyone use an engine lift plate with a leveler to pull an engine?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 08-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
tankcj

Anyone use an engine lift plate with a leveler to pull an engine?

I'm pulling a 304 out of my CJ and then installing a 401... and I want to use an engine lift plate (mounts to the intake manifold using the carb studs) and I also have a leveler...anyone use this combo?...any problems or things I should be aware of? Seems kind of 'unnatural' to have the leveler chains angling in towards the center of the motor instead of each corner of the manifold/head. I want to use the lift plate because I plan on assembling the engine completely before dropping it in and with all the hoses, brackets, lines, etc, the outboard intake bolts are either covered or the chain that would attach to them is gonna hit something.

2011 2dr Rubicon Auto, AEV 3.5" Premium, PSC Brawler Lite front bumper and skid, Evap skid, Raceline Monster beadlocks, 35" KM2s, 5.13 gears, Trailgater, Expedition One rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, ACE Rock Sliders, Warn Powerplant, ORW trans cooler
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
NOGO
2005 KJ Liberty 

I have used the plate and leveler before without any issues. Its very straight-forward.
NOGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
danholovic

I've done it too. In my case I made my own manifold plate by using 3/16" x 2" angle and 1/4" plate drilled for the carb studs. I did that because of what you mentioned - by extending the angle out past the carb flange a ways, the chains from the leveler are closer to straight down. Used grade 8 bolts to attach the thing to the manifold.

Building it like that isn't really necessary, but I got a new welder and had some steel, so I just HAD to do something with it.
danholovic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.