Anyone experience this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Anyone experience this?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
speedaemonc4
2000 WJ 

Anyone experience this?

So I just got my first jeep a week ago, a really nice 2000 Limited and decided to go get my boat from a nearby city where it was stored to bring it back to the house for use this summer. Along the way I was enjoying the ease in which it pulled the boat and didnt let the boat jerk it around like my truck had.. Then, alarms started going off, I looked down at the gauge and my temperature was redlining, I went over to the side meantime noticing a little bit of pinging from the engine and quickly shut it down. I got out and opened the hood, didnt seem hot really, I touched the radiator, warm, but not hot at all, it was empty.. In a nutshell it had cracked and drained out completely. I towed the jeep and boat back home, changed the radiator, plugs (thought they may have detonation damage, didnt see any though), and oil. Now when I start my jeep there is a quiet to sometimes distinct tapping noise from 600rpm to 1500 rpm, nowhere else though. Theres no smoke comming from the tail, or steam. Theres no check engine code for a misfire. It does seem to start a little rougher than before but quickly evens out and runs perfectly and strong. I was thinking a lifter at first, but why is it starting rough? Then I thought a slightly bent valve but its still running perfectly with no misfire, smoke, or blowback into the intake. Last I thought maybe coil but that would set off a code if it was bad. What do you guys think? Its running well now but I want to keep it that way, maybe sombody has experienced the same thing and can clue me in before I start taking the motor apart. Thanks in advance for any help!

speedaemonc4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.