Anyone bought axles from alljeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Anyone bought axles from alljeep?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
The_'ster
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone bought axles from alljeep?

I was going to do a super35 ox locker upgrade, but now I see that alljeep.com has bolt in d44 assemblies with ox lockers for not much more than a s35 w/labor. Has anyone bought from alljeep and is their customer service decent? Just want to avoid problem dealers whenever possible.

Unread 10-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
waynehartwig
www.jeeperman.com

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_'ster
I was going to do a super35 ox locker upgrade, but now I see that alljeep.com has bolt in d44 assemblies with ox lockers for not much more than a s35 w/labor. Has anyone bought from alljeep and is their customer service decent? Just want to avoid problem dealers whenever possible.
I was doing a search on Google and came across this post. A little late, huh?

Anyway the price is not a joke. I do not use junk, either. All of the components are brand name - Yukon gears and install kit, OX locker (new style of course), Alloy USA axles, Spicer diff cover (obviously not if you have an OX locker) and u bolt style pinion yoke, etc. Unlike others, mine comes with a 70" cable for that price. I also include new oil seal retaining plates and top lock nuts.

When I setup my gears, I go completely off of pattern. I do not 'care' about pinion depth. A perfect pattern will mean a perfect pinion depth and backlash adjustment. No sense in chasing your tail to get them setup correclty with a machine. I use the largest shim possible everywhere. I see a lot of the smaller shims fracture and then you lose your diff settings and have problems with the diff later. On the carrier preload, I am not afraid to put a butt load of preload in there. I have never seen a carrier bearing burn up from too much preload. Doing this also pre loads the case and all but stops pinion deflection.

I build between 3 and 8 of these a month. I have 2 that I'm working on right now, but housings are on backorder. I hope to have them tomorrow. I had a guy from the sand box order one for a Moab tirp this weekend. Originally we had lots of time to put it together (nearly 4 weeks), but Jeep kept on moving the back order date. By 10/1, I realized I wasn't going to be getting the housing from Jeep and started making lots of phone calls. I finally found one over by Seattle for $150 more than my cost (even more than Jeep retail!). I spent the day and drove over and picked it up. I ate the cost and did not pass it on to my customer. I knew in the beginning how much this trip meant to him and his wife, so I did whatever I could to get it to him before. He should be back home today. The axle mad it in town this last wekeend and is ready to be delivered. It might have been delivered today, I haven't checked the tracking number since this morning.

Bottom line, quality is good. Customer service is top notch. Price is pretty dang good. What do you have to loose? You can also search around the boards as I'm pretty well known for my 8.8 assemblies. And I can also do 35 spline Rock Jock HPD60's for about $1k more

Anyway, any questions just ask!!!!

Here are some pictures of his axle... The box has the cable, shifter, manuals, stickers and u bolts.

Last edited by waynehartwig; 11-18-2007 at 06:07 PM..
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
waynehartwig
www.jeeperman.com

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Duplicate and I'm unsure how to delete...
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
wil badger

hey tartwig you bastig ...........

when you rolling down to Utah again?
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do yourself a favor and buy the dana 44 and don't wate your time and money on the dana 35, I bought a super 35 6 months ago and the housing took a crap on me because it can't handle what the super 35 can and now I have a dana 44 and a broken super 35 as a conversasion piece that I can't do anything with.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
waynehartwig
www.jeeperman.com

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil badger
hey tartwig you bastig ...........

when you rolling down to Utah again?
I'll probably try to make it back down for the Winter convention (Utah 4 Wheel Drive Assocation - www.u4wda.org)

Otherwise I have to hang out here and miss the rocks

Last edited by waynehartwig; 10-09-2007 at 08:29 AM..
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
waynehartwig
www.jeeperman.com

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2
Do yourself a favor and buy the dana 44 and don't wate your time and money on the dana 35, I bought a super 35 6 months ago and the housing took a crap on me because it can't handle what the super 35 can and now I have a dana 44 and a broken super 35 as a conversasion piece that I can't do anything with.
Absolutely. The problem with the 35 is not the axle or carrier, it's the housing. Installing a super 35 does nothing to address the problem. The only thing you can do to address it, is a truss. Superior does have a nice truss and diff cover that will help you polish that turd.
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
wil badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehartwig
I'll probably try to make it back down for the Winter convention (Utah 4 Wheel Drive Assocation - www.u4wda.org

Otherwise I have to hang out here and miss the rocks

had to fix the link.you had the smiley in the url tag,heh

cool well maybe i'll catch you when your down if you make it down.i will be building a new rig this winter so i'll have something for summer when you come hopefully

and as many of you see i know this guy.i'm more then happy to say he is good at what he does,has the best customer service you can get anywhere.he is more then willing to do what it takes to make you the customer happy since you are his living after all.

Unread 10-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
waynehartwig
www.jeeperman.com

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil badger
had to fix the link.you had the smiley in the url tag,heh

cool well maybe i'll catch you when your down if you make it down.i will be building a new rig this winter so i'll have something for summer when you come hopefully

and as many of you see i know this guy.i'm more then happy to say he is good at what he does,has the best customer service you can get anywhere.he is more then willing to do what it takes to make you the customer happy since you are his living after all.

heh I fixed the original post!

I'm going to try to be there for the winter convention and then the Price deal in June. Not really any other plans otherwise...

Oh, and when you start building that POS, you gotta post pics!
Unread 10-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
1speedlos
2013 WK 

[QUOTE=waynehartwig]...I'm pretty well known for my 8.8 assemblies... [QUOTE]

How much for a rear 8.8 w/ ARB and 4.88s?

Thanks,

Los
1speedlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
wonderboy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=waynehartwig]...I'm pretty well known for my 8.8 assemblies... [QUOTE]

I just keep coming up in the same threads as you, don't I.

How much for a rear 8.8 w/ ARB and 4.56s?

Thanks,
wonderboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.