anybody ever stroke a 360? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > anybody ever stroke a 360?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-17-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
BurlyJ10

anybody ever stroke a 360?

i was reading on the internet about AMC engines and found this info on a 360 stroker, which equates to about 385ci, then to a 390 when you bore .030 over. would it be easier or more benificial to just find a 390? Just wonderin if anyone has done this or heard anything about it.
laters, burly

K&N Filter, Custom 3" exhaust
Interior mods= Sunpro tach, clarion stereo, Clarion 6-1/2 coaxials, polk tweeters,two alpine 10" subs
Proud member of the "Creepers Jeepers Gang" of Durango CO, my home town.
BurlyJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2002, 10:37 PM   #2
RockJeep
SirRocks'A'Lot

One day I hope to build one! good luck finding a 390!! Weren't many built and most the amx and other amc car folks get them. and selling for mucho dinero.
good luck
bob
p.s. get your info from www.froadin.com ?
Unread 02-04-2002, 01:30 PM   #3
BurlyJ10

Actually Bob i did. one of the only places on the net where i could find worth while 360 build up info. Thanx for the input!
Ryan
K&N Filter, Custom 3" exhaust
Interior mods= Sunpro tach, clarion stereo, Clarion 6-1/2 coaxials, polk tweeters,two alpine 10" subs
Proud member of the "Creepers Jeepers Gang" of Durango CO, my home town.
BurlyJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 12:51 PM   #4
454runner

its much cheaper than a 390 and i have one in my j-10 but i'm putting it in ms s-10
i can give you the name of a guy who hepled me with mine and maybe he can help you out
454runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 10:23 PM   #5
NC74CJ

yeah i think stroking the 360 is an excellent idea. you have a heavy offroad vehicle and this will give it all the torque it needs down low. i wouldnt count on it running high rpm's without some serious headwork though. one of the big advantages is that the 360 block is so easy to find and replace. Maybe you could stick a 401 crank in there? They seem alot easier to find. definately post back if you go to this, and tell what clearance problems you are having as well as pistons cam etc. Im looking at something similar myself. Good Luck

Bill

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.