any V8's with intake? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > any V8's with intake?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 03-01-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

any V8's with intake?

Well i was at the local Autozone again.. and i was at the "offroading" section for a while.. wiped away the drool and found myself in the air filter aisle. i found a k&n one for my jeep but i decided to save myself the couple hundred and decided to "borrow" my friends filter from his honda. we put it on but we get no extra push nor the desired sound... i believe it's because my friends runnin a 4 banger that it has the more effect than my 8. but maybe if i bought the filter designed for the jeep it would have the desired effect.. anyone have done this before.. cuz i want to save my money for some other parts if it doesn't work.. let me know

Green Jeep Club Member # 32
EYPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
pHaZe5unIt1

Are you talking about the induction kit or just the filter?... I have the fiter. I didnt spend a couple hundred, more like 59.00. This filter is a lifetime and needs to be "cleaned"(and oiled) every 50,000 miles. I like the k&n filter very much notice a little change(i.e. gas mileage went from 12.5 to 13.8 after install ) A friend of mine but a tornado on his with the k&n and noticed a big change in throttle response.
hope that helps..
Any? pm me(used to work at az..know some stuff about cars)
Unread 03-01-2003, 09:01 PM   #3
EYPUFF
1995 ZJ 

Sorry bout the confusion.. but i was talking about the kit being a couple hundred bucks.. but i just wanted to try the filter itself to see if it would have any effect. but yah i'll probably end up buying the k&n filter.. maybe even the tornado.. thanks for the suggestions.. do you know of any bolt ons that would help my throttle response.. i'm trying to go naturally aspirated due to the constant maintenance of the forced induction.. but yah.. any suggestions would help..

Green Jeep Club Member # 32
EYPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2003, 09:32 PM   #4
pHaZe5unIt1

I might suggest a new exhust system maybe a bigger dia. pipe. Flowtech or other high flow muffler and exhust system...
Don't know if your state has tip sniffer but if it doesnot I would suggest that if your cat starts to go to just ram a pole throught and make your own "high flow" cat
I dont know if these cars have bigger injectors avail. but if you dont care about mpg then I would suggest them.
Maybe a port and polish of the head and intake&exhuast(true hp)
Ram air...will help.
I have alot more suggestions that I dont know if they have avail. for these cars(do to the lack of room in bay)
Unread 03-01-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

I have a home made cold air intake and they do make oversize
injectors I have accell 24lb injectors and I am not sure they made
a huge difference because I did to many things at once.
Intake, chip, injectors,and thermostat all at once. Something
made a huge difference. Dont know what , maybe you need it
all to make a difference not sure. I guess that didnt help you at all. Maybe I should shut up.
Unread 03-02-2003, 06:36 AM   #6
pHaZe5unIt1

Quote:
Originally posted by Swamp Boy
I have a home made cold air intake and they do make oversize
injectors I have accell 24lb injectors and I am not sure they made
a huge difference because I did to many things at once.
Intake, chip, injectors,and thermostat all at once. Something
made a huge difference. Dont know what , maybe you need it
all to make a difference not sure. I guess that didnt help you at all. Maybe I should shut up.
I was thinking more along the line of headers, supercharger, and other things like that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.