Any soundclips of dual headers w/ a REAL dual exhaust and X pipe? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-15-2006, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
beady

Any soundclips of dual headers w/ a REAL dual exhaust and X pipe?

I've spent a lot of time searching the web, but haven't found a sound clip of a straight 6 (doesn't even have to be a Jeep, but I'd prefer if it was) with dual headers (3 cylinders into each collector) and a TRUE dual exhaust (i.e., **NOT** running both collectors into a "Y", then through a single mufller, and splitting again into 2 tips) with an "X" pipe and separate mufflers.

Anyone have a clip of that? I'd love to hear it.

A neighbor is giving me a good, running CJ-7 258 which I'm going to put a cam in, replace seals, etc and put into my '88 YJ w/ the 258.

I have been looking at the Clifford dual headers. I want a "different" sound, and not the "Flowmaster" sound. Splitting the exhaust and keeping it separate except for the X pipe should yield an exhaust note that you don't hear every day.

I've got a Suppertrap muffler on right now, and it's really quiet. And it has no end cap, just straight through. My cat may be clogged and cutting the sound, I'm not sure. I hope to be able to run another Suppertrap muffler for the dual exhaust. You can add or remove disks to tune the backpressure and sound, so at least I can dial the sound down if it is too loud with new cats and headers.

I'm not considering this for gas mileage. Any power gain would be a plus. Mostly, I want it to sound sweet (mellow and mean, but not raspy like a Flowmaster), and to be different than any other Jeep, or straight 6, that I've heard in the past.

Thanks for any clips, or links to them,

Mike

'88 YJ, Nuttered, Ford ignition upgrade, 1.5" Rough Country lift, Pro Comp 1079 15x8 wheels w/ M/T's, Supertrapp muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Sparks XJ

im not sure if they'll have it but try going to www.exhaustsoundclips.com they have a ton of sound clips on there and maybe the 6cyl to. check it out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.