AMC 360 water pump ???s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AMC 360 water pump ???s

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #1
slickwillie

AMC 360 water pump ???s

Well, after being away from my CJ for a while, I finally started working on it. I was going to change out the water pump, & when I was cleaning the flange on the front of the motor, I noticed the crack & missing metal at the big lower right bolt hole.

If you haven't noticed by now, I am a TOTAL AMC noob. How do I remove this part? I've looked at it, & I'm lost. I'm also throwing around the idea of pulling it & rebuilding, or possibly replacing the motor. Any thoughts on this?

slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
fuzz401
1978 CJ7 

that is the timing cover to get it off you will have to remove the ballencer off the crank then remove the bolts to the cover and the front of the oil pan
were that chunck is missing could be left a lone pull the timing cover reseal the gasket put the cover back on insert some ultra blue into the bolt hole reinstall the water pump were the bolt goes is to the block and that is it sealing up the hole with ultra blue will keep the water out from the bolt

or you can find another timing cover to replace it with if needed i have some spares
turbo 400 tranny 2500 stall
model 20 transfer case
aj delux glass body
4" lift
dana 30 frount
dana 44 rear
4.56 gears
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v...slideshow=true
http://photobucket.com/albums/v31/fu...slideshow=true
13.461 @ 92.45 mph on 37" super swampers on 1/4 mile
fuzz401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
slickwillie

Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be the timing cover, but it looked strange to me. This is my first experience with AMC, so I have a lot to learn.

Does anyone know of any books or manuals specifically covering AMC V8s? Also, when did AMC stop making the 360 & how can I find out what year mine is?

Thanks again
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2003, 08:51 AM   #4
jeepsr4ever

Looks like you either had cavitation or you placed a ground where it shouldnt have been.......you can have it tig welded. But if you need a good used one look me up
jeepsr4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2003, 08:52 AM   #5
jeepsr4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
Looks like you either had cavitation or you placed a ground where it shouldnt have been.......you can have it tig welded. But if you need a good used one look me up

The 360 was made from 1970 to 1990 and sold in the last year of the grand wagoneer 1991....all timing covers are universal with only suttle differences in the casting
jeepsr4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.