AMC 360 Rocker Arm Studs (where to find) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AMC 360 Rocker Arm Studs (where to find)

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-26-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
Obnoxious1
1981 CJ5 

AMC 360 Rocker Arm Studs (where to find)

Got the engine back together & in the CJ today (AMC 360), Was adjusting the valve's by tightening the rocker arms.. #1 cylinder exhaust side valve wasn't even moving, so gave the nut a turn & BING! damn stud snapped . Got the stud out, no problems, But I cant seem to find a replacement WITH the nuts included. ( nut is fused to whats left of the stud) As there are a few more that just wont budge to adjust, I figured I would buy a set & replace them all. I have found a few sets online, but none of them include the locking nuts.
My question is...
Anyone know where to buy a set with nuts included? OR would a good ARP locking nut (type with the plastic inserts) work in it's place?
I'm thinking they wont due to heat & oil..
Any leads would be great!

A Four wheel mechanized device surrounded by glass and metal designed for the frequent consumption of the owner/operator's money. Jeeps are also linked to diseases such as Jeep envy which can be diagnosed by unusual urges for items such as bigger tires,lift kits, shocks and AMC 401s. As well as the urge to pour money into more than one Jeep. Side effects may be spouse accruing numerous "honey-do's", as well as trips to inlaws. Grease under your nails, numerous trips to NAPA and junk yards, and spare parts in the attic may indicate an addiction. There are no known cures. However there are support groups such as JeepForum.com
Obnoxious1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
360 , V8 , rocker , arm , stud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.