Amc 360 oil consumption - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Amc 360 oil consumption

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
phil8825
1986 CJ7 

Amc 360 oil consumption

Hey guys,

I have a little bit of a problem and was hoping to get everyones input. I have a 1986 CJ7 with a rebuilt AMC 360 in it. The car has 160,000 on the clock and about 30-40K on the motor.

The jeep runs great, most of the time , but I have been having issues with high levels of oil consumption. There are no apparent leaks and no smoke coming out. For instance since my last oil change I have driven a couple of hundred miles maybe and had to refill an entire quart.

Oil pump, timing cover are all brand spanking new pretty much and in terms of pressure I see a healthy 60+ PSI at start and around 15 at hot idle. At load im getting around 10 PSI per 1000 RPM.

Currently im running straight 40 oil, a little heavy for my taste, but I'm still curious to find out where all my oil is going

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

phil8825 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.