AMC 360 Intake Manifold gasket w/aluminum intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AMC 360 Intake Manifold gasket w/aluminum intake

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
AMC 360 Intake Manifold gasket w/aluminum intake

Black Betty (AMC 360) has a seeping oil leak fore and aft at the Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold. Mindful of the hatchet job the P.O. did on other elements of this old CJ I'm dubious.
Back in the days I ran SBC's in my old Malibu I recall that the Edelbrock manifolds would leak terribly unless, when installing one discarded the rear seal and used a bead of Blue RTV in it's place.
1. Is this the nature of Edelbrock manifolds? or just of Chevy small blocks?

Went down to our local NAPA and they pulled a NAPA made by Fel Pro MS96011 intake gasket manifold and this thing had a windage tray incorporated into it. In addition, the specification called for an Edelbrock 7213 to be used with this Fel Pro gasket. Taking the number down and doing a google search I found that the Edelbrock 7231 is just the intake runner manifold gasket.
2. How are these two items incorporated together on the AMC 360?

turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

HAH! An Edelbrock techie on the phone said use the Fel Pro gasket and pitch the wall gaskets and use RTV I'm hoping I'm on the right track, but there's still time for opinions as this will be this winter's project.
Unread 08-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
frankenjeep
1994 ZJ 

I used a all the gaskets and rtv with my rpm.... never had any problems with it. Was in my 69 amx. Had a 401 . Same engine.
frankenjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Galt
1983 CJ7 

What did you end up using and how has the seal held up?
1993 RX7 1.3L Rotary/ GT40R turbo/484 rwhp
2002 F-150 Lariat 5.4L V8
2007 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2L V8
Galt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galt View Post
What did you end up using and how has the seal held up?
Most people ditch the end seals, unless the seal has some type of positive retainers to keep it in place (these dont unless something changed). The biggest problem is they dont have bolts going through them or clips holding them in place so they move around or work themselves out. I always use silicone, I recommend "ultra" either gray or black, most silicones will work I guess but I would at least get and ultra type.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Same/Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenjeep View Post
I used a all the gaskets and rtv with my rpm.... never had any problems with it. Was in my 69 amx. Had a 401 . Same engine.
Let it set up for just a few minutes. Seems to work for me.
hutch1200 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

I rather liked the Gaskacinch I used around the water and fuel ports, held the danged aluminum tray in place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.