Amc 360? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Amc 360?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 05-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #1
Dembones
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Amc 360?

I may have found a good deal on a used 360. I'm driving down to check it out later this week, It's sitting in a garage. He says he can turn the harmonic balancer with one hand and it still turns over nicely. He didn't say what year it is or what truck it's out of, not sure if he knows or not. A few questions:
1. What kind of tranny/ T-case combos will bolt up?
2. Out of what kind of truck?
3. It should be relatively cheap and simple to rebuild, right?
4. Any problem years for this engine?
5. Any common problems with 360s in general?
6. Is this a good price?
(yes, I'm hoping to put it in the YJ some day )
Thanks for any help you can offer...

37" Claws/teralow/HPD44/Trussed HI9/5:38s/detroits/SOA, shackle reversal on rebuilt waggy and XJ springs.
Blue Jeep Club member 2
Much more info here
Dembones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Dembones
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, now this is sad. Two days and 18 views, one of which is mine. I know some of you are running 360s, please give your opinions!
37" Claws/teralow/HPD44/Trussed HI9/5:38s/detroits/SOA, shackle reversal on rebuilt waggy and XJ springs.
Blue Jeep Club member 2
Much more info here
Dembones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 08:24 AM   #3
CJ-5

good deal

In order for us to answer the question, we need to know how much you are lookin at spending. you never stated a $$ ammt.
A good deal is free, Yes.
a bad deal is $500.00 Yes
compression numbers are imparitave too, as are many other factors....
Tough to say good deal or bad deal over the net without being there to hear it run and see it smoke ??
CJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 01:27 PM   #4
slickwillie

I don't know about being able to turn the harmonic balancer with one hand. On the 360 I pulled out & the new one I just put in, it was pretty tough to turn it over, especially by hand. I would check that out.

They're definitely not cheap to rebuild. I was going to rebuild my old one, but found it would be quite a bit cheaper to buy a new longblock & go from there. It seems that parts are usually about twice as much as Ford or GM parts.
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.