AMC 20 vs. Chrysler 8.25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AMC 20 vs. Chrysler 8.25

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
JeffKDX220
1997 XJ Cherokee 

AMC 20 vs. Chrysler 8.25

Im in the process of building a 81 cj7. And everyone knows how easy it is to break a AMC 20 rear end. I am thinking of switching to cherokee axles (D30 in front and Chrysler 8.25 in the rear), thats what i have in my cherokee and i have never had a problem.

And if any one as done this or as heard of anyone doing this let me know the results... and any pictures of this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff

JeffKDX220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The XJ D30 has a driver side diff and the CJ D30 has a passenger side diff, so that won't work.

The CJ D30 is fine, swap in any reasonable rear axle. You will need to deal with adapting or altering the lug bolt pattern and making sure the gear ratio matches.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amc 20 , axles , cherokee , chrysler 8.25 , cj7

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.