AMC 20: Open or Trac-Lok - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AMC 20: Open or Trac-Lok

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
chadevant

AMC 20: Open or Trac-Lok

I have taken the differential cover off and im not sure it i have the open or trac-lok. Can someone post a picture of the two so i can see the difference. I have a 79 CJ5 and it has the AMC 20 narrow axle. I have lifted the rear up and turned one wheel, both spun the same direction. But i put it in gear with the jeep on and i was able to stop one of the tires while the other continued to spin. I want to make sure i dont have the true-lok before buying an Aussie locker for it.

Does anyone have anything they dont like about the Aussie locker for the AMC 20?

chadevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Google images.
The Trac Lok has squared shoulders on the carrier while the open unit is rounded.
jeepdaddy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
amc 20 , differential , open differnetial , Trac-lok

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.