alternater troubles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > alternater troubles

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
bmiller91XJ

alternater troubles

I have a ? My alternater on my91 Cherokee has gone bad on me twice to weekends in a row . It happens when I get in some water any ideas on how to fix maybe make something so the water don't rush in there . I don't know its just starting to get on my nerves I haven't been able to go wheeling with out it giving me troubles. Any ideas would be appreciated . Thanks

bmiller91XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
vwtipeii

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Drive slower through water obstacles... Or avoid them... Or carry a spare alt w you...
vwtipeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
bmiller91XJ

Well yeah I know that didn't go fast. And its kinda hard to avoid them but I do try for the most part and but sometimes the mud hole is deeper then it looks lol but good advice
Unread 04-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've never had a problem with an alternator going out from water... I regularly blast mine with a power washer, and done plenty of water crossing with it... 9yrs old and it works just fine. Perhaps there is another issue...?
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
bmiller91XJ

Yeah I have thought of that to but I found on here that people have relocated it to where the a/c unit is. Witch I am thanking of doing if I can figure out how it was done . Would love to see pics of it
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
bmiller91XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimbStuff
I've never had a problem with an alternator going out from water... I regularly blast mine with a power washer, and done plenty of water crossing with it... 9yrs old and it works just fine. Perhaps there is another issue...?
U have any ideas ? It could have been the thick Ohio mud to maybe ?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.