Aftermarket parts for 4.0L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Aftermarket parts for 4.0L

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Brian's 97 ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Aftermarket parts for 4.0L

All,

Ok, having searched high and low, I cannot seem to find a "nice" aftermarket valve cover for my 242 I6. There's a nice one for the 4.2L... :/

What is a good source for finding bolt kits, valve covers, etc for the 4.0?

Thanks!

- Brian

Last edited by Brian's 97 ZJ; 04-08-2004 at 12:32 PM..
Brian's 97 ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

look at www.quadratec.com for the valve covers. I think they have some for the 4.0L now. As far as the other stuff I would look at summit racing and jc whitney.
Unread 04-10-2004, 07:38 PM   #3
Chondro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai_Ryu
All,

Ok, having searched high and low, I cannot seem to find a "nice" aftermarket valve cover for my 242 I6. There's a nice one for the 4.2L... :/

What is a good source for finding bolt kits, valve covers, etc for the 4.0?

Thanks!

- Brian
these are the ones i want....bust out a big hunk of change. they have most of the jeep colors.

http://www.thejeep.net/catalog/produ...roducts_id=318
Chondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 09:48 AM   #4
Brian's 97 ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for the replies, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Are those "official" Jeep colors or just what the manufacturer decided to use? I was hoping to use either orange or blue for the head and block but I could settle for one of the others.

- Brian

P.S. Any info on bolt kits? Or does anyone have the bolt specs so I can piece one together? Thanks!
Brian's 97 ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.