After resetting Check Engine Light, time till no more inc. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > After resetting Check Engine Light, time till no more inc.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
hbeach1
2001 XJ Cherokee 

After resetting Check Engine Light, time till no more inc.

I have to reset my check engine light for an inspection and when they hook it up a lot of things still show incomplete. How many miles do you have to put on it after reset for it to calculate everything and say its alright so it will pass inspection? I sure do miss the days when this wasn't a problem. I forget computers are running the show now.
2001 Limited Edition Jeep Cherokee

hbeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbeach1 View Post
I have to reset my check engine light for an inspection and when they hook it up a lot of things still show incomplete. How many miles do you have to put on it after reset for it to calculate everything and say its alright so it will pass inspection? I sure do miss the days when this wasn't a problem. I forget computers are running the show now.
2001 Limited Edition Jeep Cherokee
I think you have to drive about 75 miles or so or have a few cold to hot run cycles before it is OK. What was the trouble code in the first place?

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There has to be a number of cold start to warm cycles before it will indicate properly for inspection. Just driving around won't do it.
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
hbeach1
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Cylinder 3 was misfiring, but I replaced all the spark plugs and fixed it. Thank you for the knowledge, I was told it was just about the milage. Had no clue it was cold starts as well. Thanks again!!
hbeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light , reset service indicator

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.