advice on mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > advice on mods

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 04-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #1
lostinfl

advice on mods

Daily driver some lite offroad (but you never know Tellico is only 2 hrs away) 98TJ Would like some advise on some mods I am planning to do

1 Lift kit Am looking at either the RE7003 3.5 Skyjacker 4 in single flex or Teraflex kit. Are these ok for daily driving use? No body lift wanted.Will the t case drop kit be fine or do I need to go ahead with the SYE and new shaft.Probably will run no bigger than 33's for a while.It is a 3.73 gear with stock d35 and d30 diffs.

2 Already have AirMax kit with TB spacer.I read an article that said if you grind out the spirals and the throttle body top you see an increase of HP.Anyone tried it?

3.Looking at the Borlja cat back unless one of the others is better.

3. JET stage 2 chip with thermostat.

4. New coil,wires,plugs high output (any reccomendations accepted)
I want the HP and torque to offset the gearing for bigger tires that will come in the future if possible. Do not want to drop in the money if I am on the wrong track, I have read alot and you info has been good. I had an 81 CJ, was much different.

lostinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
mike5468

Don't go with the Skyjacker lift

Iv'e seen the Skyjacker lift on a 1987 Wrangler, on my last Jeep Jamboree & it wasn't a good thing.It dosent flex & and it over traveled and locked up the suspension. We had to leave the Jeep on the side.
mike5468 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.