Acceleration problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Acceleration problem

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
hyedipin

Acceleration problem

When I come to a complete stop at an intersection and then hit the gas after waiting a little, it literally takes half a second or so (it feels like minutes) for engine to engage. I would understand if it actually revved and then started moving, but it feels like it takes a second for computer/jeep to recognize that I actually hit the gas/floored it.

Basically in some cases it is actually dangerous, the jeep would roll forward at idle rpm towards the traffic or if I am on a downhill two way for left turn, and then I hit the gas thinking I can beat the oncoming traffic, but in some cases I hang there like a deer and then finally it would start moving.

What could be the problem? Anyone heard or experienced something like this with any of their vehicles? BTW I have code P0700, and the dealership did not even pull this code the last time I dropped my jeep there. I am thinking of going back there, since I am right at 69500 miles.

2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
hyedipin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

A Little Jess Jeep Dealership Mechanic I asked said P0700 = Transmission.

However, from what you are saying is, the engine doesn't respond to your input on the gas peddle as fast as you would like. So, maybe look into that code. These newer cars are all tied together with electrical equipment I suspect various parts of the car can "talk" to eachother and adjust timings, fuel/mix ratios ect to make the car run better.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004 , 3.7 , kj , liberty

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.