acceleration - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > acceleration

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
jeeparoonie
1995 ZJ 

acceleration

hey i have a 1995 jeep grand cherokee, i got it with 160,000 on it, and idk how much is on the transmission, guessing its the stock one. but on to the problem, so when i try to accelerate fast when going slow, it will accelrate fast and shoot the rpms up normally and it will accelerate to 55 normaly fast, but when i go to pass a car going 55, and try to accelerate fast to get around them, my jeep wont accelerate fast, the rpms shoot up like it should, but my speed bearly climbs. so i put a new cool air intake, thinking it would solve the problem, but its the same. im guessing i just need a new tranny, but if someone else knows what the problem might really be, im hoping to get some help, thank you.

jeeparoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
mrjonshepherd

Try turning the overdrive off if you can
mrjonshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.