99 wj, what needs to be replaced with a 4' long arm lift and 2' spacers??? help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 99 wj, what needs to be replaced with a 4' long arm lift and 2' spacers??? help!

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
gragotte651

so im new here and learning all about this lol im going to be doing a 4' long arm lift and 2 inch spacers with 33's on my wj. pretty sure ill have to.change out some driveshaft parts because of it. little help here? it is the v8 limited edition btw if that helps

gragotte651 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gragotte651 View Post
so im new here and learning all about this lol im going to be doing a 4' long arm lift and 2 inch spacers with 33's on my wj. pretty sure ill have to.change out some driveshaft parts because of it. little help here? it is the v8 limited edition btw if that helps
That four foot lift is going to look kind of goofy IMHO.
Why the 2" spacers with a 4" long arm lift kit? Once you have the long arms, the cost between springs is minimal.
Go over to the WJ section and read the various lift threads.
What brand lift kit are you going for?

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
gragotte651

i meant inches not feet lol sorry
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
gragotte651

and im doing the rough country one. and do you mean like when i have the long arms i can just buy like 6 inch springs and have a 6 inch long arm lift then?
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

hmmmm Rough Country...
I have ran their stuff, and it is junk.
I have removed their lift kits from vehicles and replaced with quality springs etc. more than once.
I wouldn't put too much stress on the long arms myself, but thats just me.
Any way you could wait and get a IRO or Clayton kit? Be better off in the long run.
Either way, why is 4" not a big enough lift kit? I would go for the 4" and some trimming. What tires are you wanting to run? Regearing the differentials for those tires? Upgrading the differentials? Steering? Brakes? See what I mean?

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324622

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
gragotte651

yea i know what ur saying. i was wondering if that all would need replacing. im goin for 33's wich wont really fit with the 4 i figure if i have the little extra itll be goof

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.