97 wrangler 2.5 liter - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 97 wrangler 2.5 liter

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
crazyrccrawler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
97 wrangler 2.5 liter

Am looking to get a little more power out of my 4 banger I just picked up the jeep
I want to do a 4 inch lift on 31-33 and I will change the gears eventually
I heard someone say add the throttle body spacer from the 4.0 also maybe k&n filter
The more I take it offroad the more I want to fix it up
What should I do first
Thanks for the help
Steve

crazyrccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
seattle_yj
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler
Am looking to get a little more power out of my 4 banger I just picked up the jeep
I want to do a 4 inch lift on 31-33 and I will change the gears eventually
I heard someone say add the throttle body spacer from the 4.0 also maybe k&n filter
The more I take it offroad the more I want to fix it up
What should I do first
Thanks for the help
Steve
Throttle body spacer and 4.0 TB will bump your HP but not by much - maybe 4-8hp. Best just gear correctly. I would put money in a t18 trans swap than any of that TB spacer nonsense. Save your money.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
seattle_yj
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle_yj

Throttle body spacer and 4.0 TB will bump your HP but not by much - maybe 4-8hp. Best just gear correctly. I would put money in a t18 trans swap than any of that TB spacer nonsense. Save your money.
I do have one installed BTW. It was a few hundred dollar adventure that should have been spent on a new front bumper.

I even went back from k and n intake to stock air box. That's how much I was not impressed.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
crazyrccrawler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
If I do a 4 inch lift and 32 or 33 in tires what gears should I get
I don't want to go to much higher then 4 inches cause I like that my jeep fits inside my toy hauler
I will slowly put money in my jeep
What should I do fist
crazyrccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
brandon17028
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
I have a 2.5 with 4 inch lift 33 tires 62 mm throttle body getting ready to get injectors
brandon17028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
seattle_yj
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler View Post
If I do a 4 inch lift and 32 or 33 in tires what gears should I get
I don't want to go to much higher then 4 inches cause I like that my jeep fits inside my toy hauler
I will slowly put money in my jeep
What should I do fist
Here is a gear calc. http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-ti...atio-chart.htm to get you started. Mine is an automatic so the gearing is different. You just want to find a good engine RPM that you like to run the freeway with then go from there.

If you dont have to worry driving on the freeway then go a little lower.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.