97 tj with 4.2 stroker ?? - JeepForum.com
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 97 tj with 4.2 stroker ??

The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
97 tj with 4.2 stroker ??

SO a friend of mine threw a rod bearing in his 97 tj. It currently has a 4.0 bolted to an AX-15. He found a guy that had a 4.2 stroker for sale and bought it. The specs of the motor are listed below.

I am trying to figure out what it will take to make it work/fit, issues that I will run into, problems I will have.... Any insight would be great!

Engine Specs per the seller:

4.2L Base Block 258 block
Bored .040 over with Forged Dished Pistons
New Crank lightened, balanced, and polished
4.0 Head conversion

This is an awesome upgrade for anyone's jeep and will out perform most V8 conversion swaps
It is now a 264 cubic inch stroker with a 4.0 I6 head swap. Comes with a Header, intake manifold, injectors, fuel lines, throttle body, flywheel, clutch, ect. This is a direct swap in for any Jeep I6 and comes with everything. Why swap in a V8 out of a junk yard when you could put this in without modifying or changing anything while outperforming most V8's. I only ran it a few times until I sold my CJ. I pulled this motor out of it because I didn't get the amount of money I was asking for it so I pulled it and sold it with another stock 258.

Blue 93' YJ, 4.0, 5spd, skyjacker 4" lift, crager simulated beadlocks w/33" bfg muds, skyjacker swaybar disco's, dana 30/35 w/ 4:10's, skyjacker t-case drop, and many mods to do yet

Jeep Drivers who dig COUNTRY music member #13
jeepinjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.