97 jeep tj 4.0lt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 97 jeep tj 4.0lt

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 01-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
JasonSnowKing
1992 YJ Wrangler 

97 jeep tj 4.0lt

I have a 97 wrangler in-line 6 4.0l, around 1,100 RPMS it stumbles and chokes a little. I notice it more at higher speeds. We replaced the cap, rotor, distributor, plugs, wires were new at the time, so was the ignition coil. Idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, we replaced the injector for cylinder 6 and it improved. The codes that keep coming up are, PO300 and PO306. I brought it to a shop finally and they replaced the thermostat and gasket, radiator cap and the crank sensor.They also did a compression test, results were...
1-60 at first then he used marvel mystery oil and it went up to 130
2-130
3-130
4-145
5-130
6-130
All the symptoms are gone after he did the crank sensor, the jeep runs perfect, but the check engine light just came back on for the same 2 codes- p0300 p0306. I am out of ideas

JasonSnowKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.