96 Jeep Cherokee Sport 6 Cylinder- Won't start and looking for suggestions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 96 Jeep Cherokee Sport 6 Cylinder- Won't start and looking for suggestions.

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
aheffner
1996 FSJ Cherokee 

96 Jeep Cherokee Sport 6 Cylinder- Won't start and looking for suggestions.

So I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee 6 cylinder with about 162000 miles on it. Honestly for the past eight months its been running great I havent had any problems with it. Well last wednesday I hop in to go to work and it turned over but it would not start. A friend has been looking at it for me and I have spark and all the spark plugs looked alright. My fuel pump is whinning as it should be. But when he pulled the plugs out they had no fuel on them. The Jeep would still not start with starter fluid. We thought about replacing the distributor. camshaft/crankshaft position sensor came up a few times while searching the internet but we are uneducated about that. If you have any suggestions on where to start or what may possibly wrong or if we are even looking in the right direction. Anything would be appreciated Thank you!

aheffner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
fitzp20102
1983 CJ7 

Clogged fuel injectors? Bad fuel injectors? Water in the fuel? Bad or clogged fuel pressure regulator? That's the round thing at the beginning of fuel rail.
(301) 960-5125

Now dealing with ROUGH COUNTRY SUSPENSIONS and YUKON AXLE & GEAR!

The best Teraflex deals on the East Coast! From Teralow gear sets to 6" LCG kits with Fox Racing Shocks and all lift kits in between. Inquire Within! A new business with fantastic introductory prices!
fitzp20102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.