96 country overheating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 96 country overheating

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 05-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Aleshiamarie

96 country overheating

My jeep runs and drives like a dream but its overheating while in idle and cools down while driving. I just replaced the thermostat so that wasnt the prob...fans work and nothing leaks all fluids look perfect as well.

Aleshiamarie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I wonder if your water pump is crapping out on you , or the drive belt is loose. Ever notice any squealing from the belt?

You did say no leaks, but are you absolutly certain? If the water pump is going out, there is a tiny weep hole in it that should be dripping anti freeze. It could be a small amount you just arn't seeing.

Someone, MUCH more knowledgable than me will be along shortly, I'm sure. lol

Welcome to the forum!
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Aleshiamarie

Lol thanks no squealing and im not 100% on the leaking I havnt seen anything yet
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
blubullett
1995 XJ Cherokee 

If it cools while driving and overheats while idling then your problem is airflow. I would look into a new fan clutch. When they go out they cause you to overheat at idle because they aren't pulling as much air as they are supposed to.

NAPA part number 272310 is an upgraded one that will pull more air then the factory. Do your self a favor and don't tell them what it is for just ask for the part number. The counter jockeys will tell you it doesn't fit but it fits fine.
blubullett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Aleshiamarie

Will deff do that...thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.