95 G Cherokee major problems, help please? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 95 G Cherokee major problems, help please?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
rhettjeep
1995 XJ Cherokee 

95 G Cherokee major problems, help please?

OK, so if you have clicked this thread hoping to help me out let me Thank you!

The problems I have been experiencing have just got worse over time, especially in this Texas heat. What will happen is whenever I am coming to a stop after driving for about 5 minutes, the cars idle RPM will drop significantly low ( about 250 ) and start to surge or pulse coming to a stop. When I am completely stopped the surge or pulse will continue but almost kill my Jeep. I will then push on the gas to rev up my RPM's some so that it does not continue. Then when I accelerate afterwards it will hesitate to get above 30 MPH.

That was at first the only thing happening. Then a week later when I accelerate past about 70+ the Jeep will surge again but not drop in RPM just go up and down as I accelerate.

Then just this past week, the car has almost completely died twice while driving. Sometimes it won't let me get past 30 MPH even if I floor the gas pedal. The weird thing about all this is that to make it go away for a little while all I have to do is pull over, turn off my car, then start it back up and it will drive fine.

I have no idea whats going on
Things replaced: TPS sensor, idle air motor, cap&rotor, spark plugs/wires.

rhettjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Check for vacuum leaks, wiggle the vacuum lines while the engine is running to see if one might be cracked and not really leaking at times. I guess you dont have any codes? Do you have access to a scanner so you can monitor sensors like the MAP and HEGO (O2) sensors. Other than paying for guesses, were you having problems with the parts you already replaced. Do you have a way to test other parts like the MAP sensor, maybe even have a buddy you can borrow one from?
jnicewan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
rhettjeep
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you for replying, I have a guy at work that I can ask to borrow a scanner if he has one. Also though the check engine light comes on randomly every time this happens. When I replaced most of those things I was going off of what the AutoZone trouble shooting guide said. ( Going for cheap fixes ) lol
rhettjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1995 , grand cherokee , hesitation , jeep , stalling

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.