94 xj running hot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 94 xj running hot

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
richardclarkjr
1994 XJ Cherokee 

94 xj running hot

I have a 94 xj however this summer it seems to b running hotter then normal ive done everything possible to cool it down i even ripped out the t stat but on a hot day its running 230-235 it gets to the line right bfore the red any suggestions on what to do next

RichardclarkJr

richardclarkjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
lauderdalechad
2006 WK 

Is your fan working properly, have you tried a coolant flush, is there any leaks or antifreeze smells?
2006 Overland HEMI QDII
lauderdalechad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
dauster500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

mud or dirt in the radiator if you wheel. put on a new radiator cap. for a 4.0 pretty sure its 16lbs, definitely do a coolant flush. check your hoses. when not moving the fan should be at full speed.
dauster500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
richardclarkjr
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Yes i do go mudding however i put in a 160 degree t stat n drained the radiator and i cleaned the over flow bottle wich had bout one inch thick brown substance in it i drained and filled the radiator with new clean antifrease back in it. The weather started getting hot again once again my engine temp started to rise i drained it again and this time i pulled out the t stat however when it gets to opperating temp the highest it gets is the white line right bfore the red starts..ive tried everything n its realy getting frusterating any advise would be great

RichardclarkJr
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
dauster500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Is it an automatic?
dauster500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
richardclarkjr
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Yes it is n i installed a tranny cooler also

RichardclarkJr
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
9jeepcherokee5

I went through a mud puddle with my 95 grand Cherokee and went though the first time fine second time I did it stalled out on me and now I'm driving it on roads and when idles it makes this weird sound not metal hitting metal but as soon as you give it gas it goes away PLEASE HELP
9jeepcherokee5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #8
lauderdalechad
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9jeepcherokee5 View Post
I went through a mud puddle with my 95 grand Cherokee and went though the first time fine second time I did it stalled out on me and now I'm driving it on roads and when idles it makes this weird sound not metal hitting metal but as soon as you give it gas it goes away PLEASE HELP
Start a new thread and be way more specific then that
2006 Overland HEMI QDII
lauderdalechad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.