94' 2.5L exhaust manifold gasket replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 94' 2.5L exhaust manifold gasket replacement

Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
JayBanion
2000 XJ Cherokee 

94' 2.5L exhaust manifold gasket replacement

The exhaust manifold gasket is leaking. Would it be easier to remove the intake when doing the gasket seeing how it all tangled up with the header? And I would like to do a compression check on the motor. What should the compression be at on each cylinder. Around 160psi or so?

Thanks
Jay

Unread 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There is no exhaust manifold gasket. It's metal on metal. Check the torque on the bolts/studs and check for cracks in the manifold itself.
Unread 10-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
JayBanion
2000 XJ Cherokee 

haha are you sure that there is none. The gasket between the head of the motor and the exhaust manifold, because....i just bought one.
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBanion
haha are you sure that there is none. The gasket between the head of the motor and the exhaust manifold, because....i just bought one.
I'm possitive... I'm alss possitive you didn't get the gasket at the dealer. They are available aftermarket though. Let me know if you find one when you pull the manifold off.

Maybe you could also point out the exhaust manifold gasket in this image.
Unread 10-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
SierraDave
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've replaced exhaust manifolds on an '85 and a '97 2.5L. Neither required a gasket.
SierraDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.