93 jeep cherokee xj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 93 jeep cherokee xj

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Jayy

93 jeep cherokee xj

My clutch got really soft when I started it tonight. I got in reverse and got almost out of my apartment complex, when it got more loose and wouldn't let me switch gears at all. Had to leave it down the street. Don't know what the problem is any help would be appreciated thanks.

Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
JLITTY
1946 CJ2A 

Check the fluid in clutch slave.
JLITTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Jayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLITTY
Check the fluid in clutch slave.
Is that where I add the brake fluid?
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
jnicewan
1995 ZJ 

Check the fluid in the clutch master cylinder. It is right beside the brake booster under the hood at the firewall, the cap is a small round cap you twist off. If the fluid is low you need to at least bleed the system but you probably have a leak somewhere. Look underneath at the trans, look under the master cyl and look under the dash where the clutch rod goes through the firewall to the master cyl for a fluid leak.
jnicewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
JLITTY
1946 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy

Is that where I add the brake fluid?
Yea.. Says clutch on it I believe
JLITTY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.