91 2.5L won't start intermittently... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 91 2.5L won't start intermittently...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 03-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

91 2.5L won't start intermittently...

I think Jeep used the "iron duke(y)" in some of their models. Unfortunately, this one is in a Suck-10 Chevy.

Some mornings after it has rained or with a high dew point, it won't start. There is no primary or secondary spark. I have replaced the coil, cap & rotor and plugs &wires. This has been going on for years now and I can't track down the cause. I've tried sealing the cap with RTV, though there is no corrosion inside the distributor to indicate moisture being the problem. I relocated the coil and have checked the wires to it. I don't want to sink a ton of cash into it because it's not a primary driver and I want it to DIE so I can swap a 350.

Any ideas on this?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.