89 yj 4.2 to 4bt swap questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 89 yj 4.2 to 4bt swap questions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
yamaha4282
1988 YJ Wrangler 

89 yj 4.2 to 4bt swap questions

Have an 89 yj I picked up last December and the motor quit on me and It's beyond worth fixing. I have been throwing around the idea about putting in a 4bt. I was seeing if anybody has done this swap before. I have been checking out the forums and I have some questions about the motor mounts and if running an ax15 will hold up and of the stock axels will hold up on the road and just light trail riding for now. I am going to swap whatever I get by myself. And will the stock gauges still work or will they have to be replaced. But the scariest question is if anybody has done this swap is how much did it cost. Because I have heard everything from $3000 to $12000 I know everybody has there problems they run into but that is a extremely large gap in price. So I was just wondering on that. Or of there is anything I would run into during this project.

yamaha4282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.