**88 YJ Tranny leaking** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > **88 YJ Tranny leaking**

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
bigtom89
1988 YJ Wrangler 

**88 YJ Tranny leaking**

I have a 88 YJ with the 4.2 and 5 speed manual. I'm in the process of replacing the transfer case, when I removed the old one the tranny was dripping from the rear seal. I've never had a single drip in my driveway before. So I replaced what I thought was a bad seal and refilled the tranny, the tranny is still dripping. I didn't reinstall the transfer case yet cause I'm lost on this one. I started wondering if I install the TC does that act as the seal it needs?

I cleaned are where seal went, light coat of oil on the metal and a light coat on the seal then gently pressed then tapped it in. Cannot figure out why it is leaking.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.