88 jeep wrangler Ignition issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 88 jeep wrangler Ignition issue

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
ChevyRick91
1988 YJ Wrangler 

88 jeep wrangler Ignition issue

Hi, im new to this site and new in the world of building jeeps. My Girlfriends stepdad gave me this 88 wrangler with the motor and trans pulled out. I put it all back in and now im having an ignition issue.

So i turn the key to the start position but the starter doesnt turn over till I release the key into the run position and then the starter will continue to turn over. If i turn the key off the starter does stop so i dont think it is the starter solenoid, but I think it is the starter relay. I was looking at the wiring diagrams and as far as i know i have the wires right.

I have the inline 6, and the ford style starter solenoid where the solenoid is mounted on the fender not the starter. It is a new solenoid so i dont think that is the problem. If I could get some help on this i would appreciate it.

ChevyRick91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.