62mm throttle bodys - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 62mm throttle bodys

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Moparfreud

62mm throttle bodys

Just purchased a 62mm throttle body from jeepersandcreepers.com and was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them??? 179 us dollars shipped. The guy was very polite and did let me know the throttle body spacer was a waste of money.... My jeep is a wrangler 4.0 5 speed 1997

Moparfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Let's see if I follow this correctly. You bought the throttle body after the seller told you it was a waste of money?

He was correct. It is a waste of money for a stock 4.0L engine.

Kudos to the guy at jeepersandcreepers for his honesty.
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

He said the throttle body spacer was a waste of money, not the throttle body.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
He said the throttle body spacer was a waste of money, not the throttle body.
You're right. I guess I need to revise my previous comment.

50% kudos to the guy at jeepersandcreepers for his honesty. He should have told the OP that the throttle body is also a waste of money on a stock 4.0L.
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Always2L8
1982 CJ8 

Unless you increase the air flow through the intake and exhaust, the large bore throttle body probably won't be too beneficial. This would include larger volume air intake, and better flowing exhaust (i.e. Borla/Banks header, hi-flow cat/muffler, larger exhaust pipe). This is a lot money per pony (hp) gained. You may feel a little better throttle response? Also, not too sure how a mopar OBDII puter handles such changes. Perhaps someone on here has experience with it. The large bore TB with a cold air intake does sound a bit cooler when you go WOT. That is if it doesn't whistle on you.

The only benefit of the throttle body spacer, for me anyway, was better clearance/access to TB sensors and better alignment with the throttle and tranny "kick down" cables. But my set up is pretty far away from stock. Otherwise, as per above, a waste of money.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer. It may help in the higher rpm ranges.

Good Luck
Always2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #6
Always2L8
1982 CJ8 

Just in case you haven't seen this. Check this link http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/intake.html
Always2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.