JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Engines & Drivetrain (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/)
-   -   5.2l squealing HELP! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/5-2l-squealing-help-1525452/)

grandcherokee94 05-19-2013 03:22 PM

5.2l squealing HELP!

I have a 98 ZJ with the 5.2L,I have replaced the idler pulley,a/c clutch and pulley,tensioner pulley,power steering pulley,and a new belt.I haven't drove the jeep in over a month now because the squeal will not stop,you don't hear it at idle,but gets loud as hell when I give it alittle bit of gas. I do not know what else to do and because of the squeal I have put a stop on the build. I don't know if there anyway to tighten the belt,before replacing everything I did WD-40 and also dish soap,which would stop it for about an hour before it came back,Please help me!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

grandcherokee94 05-20-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandcherokee94
I have a 98 ZJ with the 5.2L,I have replaced the idler pulley,a/c clutch and pulley,tensioner pulley,power steering pulley,and a new belt.I haven't drove the jeep in over a month now because the squeal will not stop,you don't hear it at idle,but gets loud as hell when I give it alittle bit of gas. I do not know what else to do and because of the squeal I have put a stop on the build. I don't know if there anyway to tighten the belt,before replacing everything I did WD-40 and also dish soap,which would stop it for about an hour before it came back,Please help me!

Can anyone help me out?!

Pierre_r 05-21-2013 01:38 PM

Waterpump or alternator both those will squeal before they die.

grandcherokee94 05-22-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre_r
Waterpump or alternator both those will squeal before they die.

Thanks,I'll have to check into those.

tp72chev 05-23-2013 08:03 AM

You stated that you replaced the tensioner pulley but not the whole tensioner. If you spray the belt with water or anything and the noise goes away then you problem is the belt or the tension of the belt. Since you sprayed the belt with wd40 you need to replace it as well as clean all your pulleys. If there is rust on the crank pulley wire brush it and clean it. I would also replace the whole tensioner.

grandcherokee94 05-23-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tp72chev
You stated that you replaced the tensioner pulley but not the whole tensioner. If you spray the belt with water or anything and the noise goes away then you problem is the belt or the tension of the belt. Since you sprayed the belt with wd40 you need to replace it as well as clean all your pulleys. If there is rust on the crank pulley wire brush it and clean it. I would also replace the whole tensioner.

I was planning on replacing the whole tensioner soon,but since it's almost $70 I didn't want to get that just in case that didnt work either,so was wondering if theres anything else that could be causing it,just getting tired of dumping money into it and the noise not going away

The time now is 12:12 PM.