5.0 vibration damper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 5.0 vibration damper

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
rustyCJ

5.0 vibration damper

i noticed today that the rubber that lives between the weight ring(?) and body has started to slide out. can i just use a jaw puller and pull the ring off, reseat the rubber, and press the ring back on?

i dont know if the ring has started to spin, if its loose or anything right now but i really dont like the way it looks. are the weight rings set on in corralation with the crank in some regards? is there some way i can check to make sure it hasnt shifted or seperated?

Unread 08-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Some dampers are injection molded, not pressed together. I would hesitate to pull one apart and try and reseat anything. Visit http://www.damperdoctor.com/ - I bought a rebuilt unit from them last year for about $60, looked like brand new and quick turn around time.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.