5.0 engine swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 5.0 engine swap

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
cblackwell5

5.0 engine swap

Okay so the extent of my knowledge of cars is basically that you turn the key and it starts(hopefully). I have an 03 TJ with a small lift and 33s. I have the 4cyl 2.4 so pushing those tires isn't the easiest thing. Add a 900 pound wave runner and you're barely moving. So I didsome research and would like to drop a ford 5.0 in it. I have a friend with an older mustang that runs that id like to buy off of him and another friend with a tranny from an f150 he claims is compatible (ill figure out model). So basically what I'm asking is who else has done this swap or a similar one. Please give any tips or advice on the best way to go about this. Also I'm a college student so I'm trying to keep the cost low as possible. Thanks guys

cblackwell5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.