4wd problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4wd problems

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 09-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
olewilly
1989 MJ Comanche 

4wd problems

I have an 89 jeep comanche. When I go to put it in 4wd it is very hard to get it to go in. When it goes in it works perfectly fine. And I have a really hard time getting it out of 4wd too. Sometimes I think it's just not going to. I want to start trail riding more and I really want this fixed. Please help

olewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Check the linkage make sure it isn't bent. Check the fluid in the Tcase.
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Here's how the factory suggests you shift the transfer case and I've been doing this since these things were new and I worked at the dealership. Quoted from the owner's manual.

"To engage, shift the transfer case lever from 2H to 4H while the vehicle is moving at any legal speed". I let off the gas, throw the lever, and then tap the gas and let off.

4L position: " To engage, slow the vehicle to 2-3 MPH , shift the transmission to Neutral, then shift the transfer lever to the right and pull firmly rearward to 4L".
visor-np231.jpg

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.