4cyl for a 4cyl - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4cyl for a 4cyl

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 02-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
aksourdough
1980 CJ7 

4cyl for a 4cyl

OK, first of all, let me say I know you guys will probably beat me up for this one, but I have my reasons. $$, mechanical confidence, etc...
Anyway, I am thinking of swapping my 151 Iron Duke (1980-carburated) for a very affordable 2.5 (1991-fuel injected). I know that I will need the computer and an external fuel pump. What else do I need to consider and how difficult is this going to be? Will the engine mounts need to be repositioned? If anyone has any input other than sarcasim, I would appreciate the help.

Unread 02-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
jwicker

Check that your tranny willl bolt up to the new block. Or that you can locate/fabricate an adapter.

3" (damned old) body lift, 1" Extended shackles, 1.5" Rough Country leaf springs, MP fuel injected 4.0, 3 row radiator, 33x12.5x15 ProComp X-Terrains, Eagle Alloy 8 Holes 15x10, Champion Winch, TJ Dash, 92 Roll Bar, AX15 5 speed, Posi-Lok, 1997 Dash and heater
jwicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
aksourdough
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwicker
Check that your tranny willl bolt up to the new block. Or that you can locate/fabricate an adapter.

thanks
I am told that an '86 bellhousing will work.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.