46re jeep trans acting up. 5.9L grand v8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 46re jeep trans acting up. 5.9L grand v8

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
360LJ

46re jeep trans acting up. 5.9L grand v8

Background. It's a 5.9L out of a 98 grand Cherokee with the 46re Trans all swapped into a jeep wrangler. The jeep has been going great for over a year with no major Trans problems. The new problem.

After about 15mins of driving the jeep the governor pressure starts rising when the ECM is requesting 0 psi. It will first shift up through the gears and after it warms up and when you start to slow down for a stop light the governor pressure does not drop with your speed like it should. It continues to climb to 90-100 psi no matter the speed. This then overrides the Trans and it holds 1st and will not shift out.

What's been tried... Checked the 5v signal from the Trans an it is good. But for good measure replaced the 8pin Trans plug because the wires were starting to poke out like they all do. Replaced the gov pressure sensor, solenoid, the tcc solenoid a and all the wiring inside the Trans. Adjusted the bands Replaced the complete valve body with a new one. New filter and fluid the 3 times it has been opened.

I am completely out of ideas at the moment and looking for a little help. If any of you have an idea that I have not tryed post up or pm me. Thanks in advance

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.