400 in wrangler?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 400 in wrangler?!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

400 in wrangler?!

Soooo... just out of curiosity... anyone know if a 400 would fit into the engine compartment of a 90 wrangler... I have a full race built, street driven 74 ford ranchero GT500 with C6 that has a little more rust than I want to tackle, and recently have been contemplating a full swap. I know it would not be an easy task by ANY means...but with my 90 being pre-fuel injected, and an automatic...it got me thinking. Obviously new axles, driveshafts, etc.etc.etc... but what would my trans options be? Transfer cases? Thanks guys

"If a trail breaks your jeep....this is a formal insult, grounds for retaliation from the jeep gods in the form of a motor swap, bigger lift kit, bigger tires, and a grudge run at it....break out your cameras boys...and, WATCH THIS!!!!" - last words before the demise of my favorite jeep!
stuckparatroope is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.