4 hole injectors and plug gap ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4 hole injectors and plug gap ?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry777 View Post
At least I warned it was a stupid question

Sure I`ve looked at it before wtf, not sure why that never registered. I got lost somewhere reading up about coil upgrades and the knot stuck...

Changed my plugs last night found the distributer cap and rotor covered in soot and worn beyond sand paper repair so off to Lordco for the brass...

I did the usual stupid move, got frustrated with one of the wires in a cramped area 3rd from the rear and yanked from the wire and boot together, the wired slipped right out with the end still on the plug. I had a large angled needle nose right beside me to...

Easy enough fix clamped the wire back into place but now the silicone seal is turfed, sounds fine can`t hear it missing...
Should I bother upgrading wires there NGK, look & feel new but are probably the stock cheap replacements.

Cheers
I'd do new wires.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
My Jeep Technical Photos

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/g/album/1725214
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
Terry777
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
DEFINITELY. Your Jeep has a coil.

Do the tune-up stuff before getting off on this coil rabbit trail.
Great advise thanks, I`m keeping it stock as possible it has more than enough power for me I don`t tow or do mud flats...

Lordco priced me NGK wires at $30 so that's a go...
Terry777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
Terry777
1997 XJ Cherokee 

New plugs made very noticeable change could be due to the olds being gaped between 40 & 45 mm they weren`t dirty or malfunctioning, looked like used ones should...

At idle Nice clean tick tick tick, sounds like an engine should no doubt my air box hack is helping the engine sound like it should due to it getting the air it wants...

New wires cap & rotor with brass, sounds even meaner...

Huge difference WOT tuned just right Throttle response very noticeable gains.

I`ll get back about the MPG gains later and before I put in the new injectors

I wanted to get all the sensors cleaned and tune up done before hand so I could get a more detailed read of the MPG gains of new injectors without having to guess if the others had anything to do with it...
Terry777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.