4.7 Stroker Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.7 Stroker Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #91
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbygode2 View Post
urs is ur preaching all about u not working on it and all this other stuff dude u gotta respect the strech her out in the mud and on trails u are talking about a daily driver my rig is a daily driver and its also highly modded

hold on and let me try and make a coherent sentence from what you're blabbering about

you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook

Last edited by spyder6; 12-14-2008 at 02:24 PM..
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #92
rugbygode2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yeah ill admit i messed that sentence up my bad lol. i just re read it and was like wow i can spell haha. Anyways what i meant was dude take ur jeep out ya know have some fun with it screw the whole stroker thing ive got the 4.2l and i wouldnt trade it for anything
89 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.2L BA-10 Trans NP231 Transfer SYE 35in BFG Mud Terrian Tires Flat Fenders 4in Pro Comp Lift Diamond Plate Rear Corners LED Taillights Warrior Tube Doors KC Daylighters Nates 4X4 Rear Bumper With Swingout Tire Carrier Cobra CB One Working 6x9 Speaker Bikini Top Year Round Lincoln Locker

[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=652630&page=5[/url][/CENTER]

[B]National Topless Day Feb 3rd 2009[/B]
rugbygode2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #93
Douglas S.

I think he's planning for 37's so the original 4.0 would start to seriously lack in the power department
Unread 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #94
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
yeah ill admit i messed that sentence up my bad lol. i just re read it and was like wow i can spell haha. Anyways what i meant was dude take ur jeep out ya know have some fun with it screw the whole stroker thing ive got the 4.2l and i wouldnt trade it for anything
you still have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Unread 12-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #95
rugbygode2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sure man whatever
89 Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.2L BA-10 Trans NP231 Transfer SYE 35in BFG Mud Terrian Tires Flat Fenders 4in Pro Comp Lift Diamond Plate Rear Corners LED Taillights Warrior Tube Doors KC Daylighters Nates 4X4 Rear Bumper With Swingout Tire Carrier Cobra CB One Working 6x9 Speaker Bikini Top Year Round Lincoln Locker

[CENTER][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=652630&page=5[/url][/CENTER]

[B]National Topless Day Feb 3rd 2009[/B]
rugbygode2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #96
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
sure man whatever
its hardly a mall crawler, i didnt dent my front diff cover out of fun, i didnt break the U-joints on my front drive shaft because i thought it would be cool to drive on the street in 4x4, i didnt drop $2300 on a hand selected rock ready suspension and spend an entire weekend putting it on with my brother in my garage just so i could strut my stuff and hop curbs in the Macy's parking lot

next time read up on people before you start making fun of them

Unread 12-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #97
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
next time read up on people before you start making fun of them
he's a 21yr old Cali boy and knows everything because he drives a YJ with a 4.2L....didn't you get the memo?

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #98
AlexTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow that was really random

He's just jealous lol
'97 TJ Sport :4.7L STROKER:RSG AX-15 "Terminator":Accel 30lb/hr injectors:2000 intake manifold:HP Dana 30 & Ford 8.8 w/ stock LSD & 4.11s for now:RE 4.5" SF :OME Shocks:AA SYE & Dana CV shaft: MAXXIS Bighorn MTs 33x12.5R15:SRC Front & rear bumpers w/ tire carrier:Cragar Series 320 15x8s:WARN SDB-210HBs:KC slimlites Long & Fog:Bestop Replace-a-top : No Cat and Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad
AlexTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #99
Joker741

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think it is going to cost when done? I am looking at buying a Rubicon and want to do this as well.

Oregon State
School of Pharmacy

Sold my 97 TJ, was looking for a TJ Rubicon, but school put that on hold.
Joker741 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #100
George Dickel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've got about $1700 in the long block. One of these days, I'll list everything that's in it but here's a few items off the top of my head: 12 counterweight 4.2 crank, CompCams 68-231-4, .030 over Sealed Power pistons (dished), 4.2rods, ported/polished head and a 63mm throttle body. The entire rotating assembly including the clutch and crank pulley are balanced. I did the headwork and built the motor. It costs less that way and you can take more pride in it.
As for performance, still don't know. My project is finally picking up steam but it will be funny to see which one of us finishes last Realistically, I should be running in another 30-60 days. I've been trying to hunt too!
12 Counterweight 258 Crank (cut snout-casting #3214723), Sealed Power +.030 Hypereutectic Pistons, 5.875" Connecting Rods, CompCams 68-231-4, Ported/Polished Head, Edelbrock Header, 24# Ford Blue-top Injectors, 63mm bored OEM Throttle Body, Port matched Intake, Autolite Platinum plugs, Accel Coil, LiveWires Distributor & Wires, Centerforce Clutch, Hurst Shifter, modified Mustang GT Air Cannister - CAI, 18" Magnaflow and 2 1/2" exhaust, Balanced Rotating Assembly, Custom PCM tune.
Yeah, I built it!

Exhaust clip: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUOa4LqRn0&feature=youtu.be[/url]

[B]'04 Mustang GT, 4.6L[/B]
Light modifications[/SIZE]

[I][B]Read more, Post less, Search often[/B][/I]
George Dickel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #101
Joker741

Thanks for the response. I have built V8's and worked on them (I drag race in the NHRA), but I haven't worked in the Jeep motor yet. It is all about the same, everything just has a different cost.

Oregon State
School of Pharmacy

Sold my 97 TJ, was looking for a TJ Rubicon, but school put that on hold.
Joker741 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #102
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

when i get done with mine if the project ever happens i should be looking into the vicinity of about 3k in the motor as a whole out of the fact im having a shop put mine together

Unread 01-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #103
MasterCujo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spyder,

You don't think a 4.8 would be stressing the mill a bit? IMHO, for reliability I think a 4.6 would be your best bet...
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #104
George Dickel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker741 View Post
Thanks for the response. I have built V8's and worked on them (I drag race in the NHRA), but I haven't worked in the Jeep motor yet. It is all about the same, everything just has a different cost.
The I6 will be a walk in the park for you then. I like how you said, "yet". Do it, do it, do it!!!
12 Counterweight 258 Crank (cut snout-casting #3214723), Sealed Power +.030 Hypereutectic Pistons, 5.875" Connecting Rods, CompCams 68-231-4, Ported/Polished Head, Edelbrock Header, 24# Ford Blue-top Injectors, 63mm bored OEM Throttle Body, Port matched Intake, Autolite Platinum plugs, Accel Coil, LiveWires Distributor & Wires, Centerforce Clutch, Hurst Shifter, modified Mustang GT Air Cannister - CAI, 18" Magnaflow and 2 1/2" exhaust, Balanced Rotating Assembly, Custom PCM tune.
Yeah, I built it!

Exhaust clip: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUOa4LqRn0&feature=youtu.be[/url]

[B]'04 Mustang GT, 4.6L[/B]
Light modifications[/SIZE]

[I][B]Read more, Post less, Search often[/B][/I]
George Dickel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #105
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCujo View Post
Spyder,

You don't think a 4.8 would be stressing the mill a bit? IMHO, for reliability I think a 4.6 would be your best bet...
i threw 4.8 out the window a long time ago after i found out what was involved. boring out to 4" is crazy.

im going to stick with 4.7. but honestly, after everything is playing out - im really starting to doubt this project is going to materialize. i'll know by summer where im going with it and what kind of money i'll have for it. if worst comes to worst i'll sell the parts that i have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.