4.7 recommendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.7 recommendations

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
dinorigginwj

4.7 recommendations

After removing the radiator and thermostat I found a faulty water pump. Long story short, I have a lot of things off the jeep right now. (See pic below) About 130k on motor.
Questions :
Any recommendations of anything else that should be replaced while I'm in there? Right now I'm thinking water pump, radiator, hoses, t stat.

Any suggestions on water pump brands ?

I have noticed most water pumps on eBay are sold with timing chain kits. From my experience chains aren't a maintenance item, so I'm thinking it's probably not worth doing (since no prior issues concerning chain). Correct?

Thanks in advance!

image-1060183115.jpg

dinorigginwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Your private message capacity is full, you'll need to clear it out before I can respond to your message.

I wouldn't personally do the chains if it was me.

A big thing that I would make sure, would be to look for a metal impeller water pump, I thought I remember there being a company that was making one for the WJ. I would also definitely change the thermostat and while it is all apart, flush the system.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
dinorigginwj

Ok I cleared it
dinorigginwj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.