4.7 recommendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.7 recommendations

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 03-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
dinorigginwj

4.7 recommendations

After removing the radiator and thermostat I found a faulty water pump. Long story short, I have a lot of things off the jeep right now. (See pic below) About 130k on motor.
Questions :
Any recommendations of anything else that should be replaced while I'm in there? Right now I'm thinking water pump, radiator, hoses, t stat.

Any suggestions on water pump brands ?

I have noticed most water pumps on eBay are sold with timing chain kits. From my experience chains aren't a maintenance item, so I'm thinking it's probably not worth doing (since no prior issues concerning chain). Correct?

Thanks in advance!

image-1060183115.jpg

dinorigginwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Your private message capacity is full, you'll need to clear it out before I can respond to your message.

I wouldn't personally do the chains if it was me.

A big thing that I would make sure, would be to look for a metal impeller water pump, I thought I remember there being a company that was making one for the WJ. I would also definitely change the thermostat and while it is all apart, flush the system.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
dinorigginwj

Ok I cleared it
dinorigginwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.