I have been looking to squeeze more ponies into my cherokee, I currently have a stock 4.0L HO straight six. I was originally looking to put a 360 into it but the time and expense are turning me off of that. I have heard that a 4.2L block with a 4.0L head is a good way to go. I was wondering if anyone had more info on this setup. I was wondering....
1. Will the 4.2L bolt up to the existing 4.0L auto trans?
2. Will I have to get new motor mounts?
3. Is the purpose of the 4.0L head to get more compression?
4. Are there any issues with cooling with using the 4.0L head?
5. If kept stock, will the motor be good for daily driving?
Sorry I packed so much into one thread but I am a little new to Jeeps, I have been a Ford man for a while but have grown to love Jeeps. Thanks in advance...