4.0 WJ needing more HP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 WJ needing more HP

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
thaBrad
1999 WJ 

4.0 WJ needing more HP

I need more wheel speed on the trails. I have the select trac transfer case and the 42RE tranny. Is there in any way to get more HP without going to the engine swap 4.7 V8? Which I know actually doesnt have that much more HP, but Ive driven one offroad and it has more "get-up" to it. Would an exhaust system help some? I know that also it would gain me some HP if I do the whole exhaust from manifold out. I just need something....anything! Ideas????

Thank you!

Unread 04-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaBrad
I need more wheel speed on the trails. I have the select trac transfer case and the 42RE tranny. Is there in any way to get more HP without going to the engine swap 4.7 V8? Which I know actually doesnt have that much more HP, but Ive driven one offroad and it has more "get-up" to it. Would an exhaust system help some? I know that also it would gain me some HP if I do the whole exhaust from manifold out. I just need something....anything! Ideas????

Thank you!
Have you re geared?
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.