4.0 rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 rebuild

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 11-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
superZJ96

4.0 rebuild

I have a 4.0 that burns oil and I would like to re ring the pistons and replace main bearings and rod bearings. When I look online I can find lots of bearings and rings but they do not have any kind of brand name on them at all. I was wondering if somebody could point me in a direction to a good set of rings and bearings with a reasonable price.

superZJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
holysirsalad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Rock Auto carries a lot of Sealed Power parts, I'm by no means an expert but I've seen that name come up a lot in stroker build threads.

Is your compression bad? Sure its not just valve seals?
holysirsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
BIGBADWOLF
2004 WJ 

First off, you do not know what size bearings are in your engine so you will have to tear down to find out. 2nd, if brand is not listed I would call and ask or better yet I would buy from a vender that gives all details.
BIGBADWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
superZJ96

I understand I do not know the size of the bearings until the motor is tore down but I was trying to get an idea of price before I even tore the motor down, and I will also be doing the valve seals while it apart.
superZJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.