4.0 Performance Chip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 Performance Chip

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-02-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
Maine-yj

4.0 Performance Chip

Hey guys i got a question.

Ive seen Jet chips and venom 400 performance chips advertised on tv and in magazines. Does anyone have one of these installed in their 4.0? And if so does it work? Likes dislikes? MPG. Let me know, I need a little more uumph out of my 4.0. (I dont want to change the gears because i got the lovely automatic and i need to travel on the highway without running at 3500 rpm.)

9000lb superwinch, Magnaflow catback
D44 rear with Electrac and TruTrac up front
Jeep Score: 235
Maine-yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2003, 06:43 PM   #2
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

ive hird stuff here and there but i wouldnt bother with it, the dollar to hp isnt even worth it
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
DirtyDan

I have to have a chip in my Z but I will share my experiences with you. If you insist on a chip/prom flash find a good programmer and have him do it custom. Prefabbed crap almost never gets your motor set right like a programmer can. One guy with a camaro LOST 5hp by putting a jet chip in.

Dan
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.