4.0 Misfire Solution - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 Misfire Solution

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 06-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
PBNJTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

4.0 Misfire Solution

P300, P304, P305 P306
I had these codes for over 2 years. I had to get it smogged (Cali) and scrambled to fix the misfrire. Spent all kinds of time and money troubleshooting it and was not sucessful. My scanner said the codes were happening at 2500 rpm and 55 mph. I tried plugs, wires, cap, rotor, CKP sensor, moved my injectors around, ran a compression test, Seafoam and almost every answer or solution I could find on this forum. I still wanna say thanks to all of you for your knowledge and ideas.

I ended up clearing the code, waiting for the monitors to all check in, got the emissions test and passed but the MIL still came back a day later.

About a week ago, it became tough to start and even stalled once. I had a failing fuel pump relay and it finally died in my driveway on on thursday. I put the horn relay in it's place and rolled to an auto parts store to buy a replacement. Yesterday the MIL went away on it's own. Go figure, I had put a pressure tester on the fuel rail months ago and never noticed anything weird.
I suppose the relay may have been shutting the pump off intermittently? The regulator was maintaining the pressure just high enought to fire some of the injectors? Wierd huh? Well anyway, I just wasnted to throw that out there. If you're having this problem, it might not hurt to swap your horn and fuel pump relays.

"Jeeps are cute, Barbie drives one" Is this supposed to be an insult? Barbie has an awesome car collection! A Mustang, a 'Vette, Kawasaki quad, a Fiat, an Escalade, a 57 Chevy Bel-air... I mean... Barbie's a gearhead!
PBNJTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
P300 , P304 , P305 , P306 , misfiring , running rough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.