4.0 mini cats loose and rattling. any experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > 4.0 mini cats loose and rattling. any experience?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
norin_radd

4.0 mini cats loose and rattling. any experience?

2003 wrangler. they are a ***** to get at. cant really fit a socket or wrench on there. theyre loose and clanking on my tranny and i assume causing worse fuel consumption. any trick to getting to them other than takin manifold out or just cutting. anyone have this issue before?

norin_radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not uncommon for those bolts to loosen up. Have to get them from underneath with extensions and a ujoint. IIRC I can get three of mine without the ujoint but need it for the fourth.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.